Caroline Ostrom, Minneapolis immigration attorney, enjoys helping qualifying couples and family members gain Legal Permanent Resident status in the U.S., allowing families to stay together, or reuniting families through visa processing at U.S. Consulates abroad.

We commonly handle K-1 Fiancé Visas, Petitions and Applications for Legal Permanent Residence for qualifying family members, and I-751 Petitions by Conditional Permanent Residents. These different processes and procedures are detailed in this section of our website.

Based in Minneapolis, our immigration team works with family-based clients in the Twin Cities and around the globe. We welcome you to contact us for assistance with your immigration matter.

​K-1 Visa for Fiancés

U.S. citizens can apply for a K-1 Visa to bring their fiancés to the United States. The requirements for the K-1 Visa are: 1) that the couple has met in person within the two years prior to filing the K-1 Visa application (certain exceptions apply);… Read More

Green Card Applications for Spouses and Qualifying Relatives

Under U.S. immigration laws, U.S. citizens and Legal Permanent Residents (LPRs) (green card holders) can apply for permanent residence for certain family members. Whether the Petitioner is a U.S. citizen or legal resident determines the different typ… Read More

I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions

Legal Permanent Residents who obtain their status based on a marriage that is less than two years old at the time of the grant are initially given Condition Permanent Residence, which is valid for two years. Within 90 days prior to the expiration of… Read More